Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The Pupil Premium is funded in addition to the school’s budget. It is calculated on the number of eligible pupils and is dependent on 3 factors: the number of children in school who are in the care of the local authority, the number who have an entitlement to a free school meal[this does not apply to infant children, all of whom are entitled to a free school meal], (for a minimum of 1 day during the previous 6 years) and the number who have a parent serving in the armed forces.
Schools decide how to use this funding to support the raising of attainment for the most disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils. Our aim is to use the funding to ensure that all children make good or better progress. The main barriers to educational achievement faced by some children at this school are around access to enriching activities, familial stress and, in a very few cases, attendance and lateness.
In 2020/2021 the school received £7,580.
We used the Pupil Premium to support individual children’s needs:
- Providing a Higher Level Teaching Assistant hours for intervention groups and 1:1 support, including MH&WB support.
- 1:1 Teaching Assistant hours to support behaviour and learning in the classroom
- Accessing support from a specialist school to support behaviour
- Individual needs assessment and support outside the classroom
- Individual target setting and monitoring
- Additional resources to meet children’s needs, e.g. writing frames and supports and sensory items for a calming corner
- Subsidised trips and extra-curricular clubs to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The impact and analysis of Pupil Premium:
- Learning targets for each child showed accelerated rates of progress for children
- No child felt left out or left behind as their individual needs were recognised and catered for
- Vulnerable children have improved self-esteem and resilience to ‘keep trying’
in 2021-22 we will receive a total of £14,100 pp grant and will allocate those funds according to the plan below: